Pipes are threaded into fittings which may turn slightly due to shipping. This can be adjusted by turning the pipe with your hands using gloves or by using a pipe wrench. Ensure design is flush on a level surface before installation.
What you will need:
- Measuring Tape
- Drill bit or Ez Anchors
- Drill or Screw Driver
- Wall Anchors
- Robbie (Square) drill bit or Philips (Star) drill bit
Recommended Wall Anchors
- 2x4 Wall Stud – Most designs are spaced 16” apart to allow for the design to be anchored into Wall Studs. This is the safest way to securely mount the shelf on Drywall.
- Ez Anchors – Ez Anchors are the next best option when mounting a shelf on Drywall. Ez Anchors are capable of safely holding up to 75lbs.
- Toggle Anchors – Toggle Anchors are the best option when mounting a shelf on a Plaster Wall. Toggle Anchors are capable of safely holding up to 100 - 250 lbs depending on the thickness of the plaster wall.
- Tap Cons – Tap Cons are the best options when mounting a shelf on a Cinderblock Tap Cons can safely hold up to 300lbs.
Installation step by step:
- We highly recommend two installers to mount the shelf.
- Decide where you will install the shelf.
- Take your measurements and mark (with pencil) the center where you will mount the shelf.
- Place the shelf on the wall and place a level on top. Balance the shelf until the bubble on the level is centered.
- Mark with pencil or marker the 4 holes in each flange.
- Gently put the shelf down.
- Drill the marked holes with a drill bit or drill the Ez anchors that are included to securely hold a heavier design.
- Insert wall anchors in the holes.
- Line up the shelf with the wall anchors.
- Put the level on top of the shelve and make sure the bubble is centered.
- Finish screwing in the shelf.